There have been unanswered calls, deleted voicemails, ignored texts, and friendly reminders that never seem to make it out of the envelope. And because of this, it’s probably been a while since you visited the dentist. But you really shouldn’t put it off any longer – following are 5 reasons to see the dentist now for proper dental care in Crown Point!
- Oral Pain: If you are experiencing a toothache or pain in any part of your mouth, you should contact your dentist as soon as possible. We know this sounds obvious, but a surprising number of people put off going to the dentist when they’re in pain, either because they think it might get better on its own, or they’re afraid of what the treatment will cost. We can tell you from experience that putting off getting treatment for a toothache will make it more expensive, not less!
- Sensitive Teeth: While tooth sensitivity can be a result of harmless things such as over-brushing or sensitivity to chemicals in tooth whitening toothpaste, it can also be a sign of a serious oral health problem requiring dental care in Crown Point. Tooth sensitivity to heat or cold can be a sign of a cracked tooth, a bad filling, a cavity, tooth erosion, or even gum disease. If you’ve suddenly developed tooth sensitivity, call to schedule an appointment so we can diagnose potential problems, and offer treatments that may reduce or eliminate the sensitivity.
- Bleeding Gums: Bleeding gums can be a sign of serious oral health problems, particularly gingivitis and gum disease, which can lead to a lot of pain, expense, and tooth loss. Still, we know that many people see a bit of blood when they brush or floss their teeth and don’t think much of it. But if your gums suddenly begin to bleed when you brush or floss, call us right away!
- Health Changes: It’s easy to forget that your oral health affects your overall health and that the opposite is also true. If you have been recently diagnosed with diabetes, you should know that this condition puts you at higher risk for gum disease and poor dental care in Crown Point has also been shown to worsen diabetes symptoms.
- It’s Been Too Long: Your teeth don’t hurt, your gums don’t bleed, you brush and floss regularly, you don’t have that much plaque or tartar build up, your teeth are not too yellow, you think your breath smells fine, so why should you visit the dentist?
The truth is, many potential dental problems begin with no noticeable symptoms. Getting a teeth cleaning and dental exam is the best way to detect unseen problems. We can detect signs of a problem that you may not know to look for, such as signs of tooth grinding or even oral cancer. Plus, why would you want to miss out on that wonderful smooth and fresh smile that you can only get after a cleaning at the dentist?
Has it been a while since your last dental checkup? Proper dental care in Crown Point is not something you should be put off – call our office today to schedule an appointment – no excuses!